Since 1990 youth from throughout the Archdiocese of Milwaukee have gathered to live in community and participate in service programming to help those from our Archdiocese who are in need. Reach Out Reach In has involved hundreds of teens. In continuation of that tradition, we gather to focus on direct service and advocacy.
An essential element to the Reach Out Reach In community is people who have given their time to be a guide, companion, and mentor to the teens who come for this journey. Without their energy, faith, and commitment, Reach Out Reach In would not be possible.
THE MISSION OF REACH OUT REACH IN
Reach Out Reach In is an intense service week engaging teens ages 15-18 in direct service, community and simple living, justice, and prayer. We seek to make a difference and strive to be in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Christ, where the gifts of all are given and received. Our purpose is to help young people experience and respond from a faith perspective to social issues in the greater Milwaukee area.
THE GOALS OF REACH OUT REACH IN
- To engage the Reach Out Reach In community in direct service opportunities throughout the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
- To empower the Reach Out Reach In community in transforming their lives and the lives of the people they serve.
- To provide participants with the skills of critical reflection for justice and peace in the Catholic Tradition.
- To challenge participants to see themselves as servant leaders and live in the Spirit of Christ.
- To become a witness in our communities, giving voice to the week’s experiences of service, community and simple living, justice and prayer.
Follow the daily reflections and accounts of our teens and adults serving at Reach out Reach In this summer!